Coming mid-November Washington’s state capital city will join the growing number of lucky cities with artisan food halls. Yesterday I had the chance to tour and meet the people involved. It’s an inspiring group doing amazing things! Here’s a bit more information, media please contact me directly to arrange preview tours and check http://www.222market.com for ongoing updates!
Washington’s newest food hall, 222 Market will join this nationwide trend that brings local, artisan producers under one roof for one-stop shopping, dining, drinking and more. Anchored by the renowned Bread Peddler – multiple winner of Washington’s Best French Bakery – 222 Market welcomes eight additional purveyors. The historic building, located near the farmer’s market at 222 Capitol Way North, is being transformed into an open marketplace where residents and visitors can gather to enjoy the bounty of the region and handiwork of its purveyors including:
- Blind Pig Spirits will feature a tasting room, production and bottling facility, as well as retail sales of top-shelf “small batch” spirits, all distilled in-house using Washington grown malted barley. Whiskey making classes will also be offered.
- Bread Peddler is an artisan bakeshop and café that has been established in this location for more than ten years. Serving lunch and breakfast, all products are made from scratch and created with top notch ingredients and technique.
- Chelsea Farms Oyster Bar will serve an amazing variety of locally produced shellfish and seafood helmed by this long time shellfish farm in the Olympia area.
- Fleurae is a boutique flower shop, specializing in innovative designs, along with locally crafted jewelry.
- Pantry offers a carefully curated collection of local, sustainable, farm products, locally crafted cheeses, grass-fed and pastured, sustainable meats, and hand-crafted foods from the community. It also features a cooking school helmed by local Chef Kevin Gerlich.
- Peddler Bistro is an upscale dining establishment from the masterminds behind the Bread Peddler specializing in French style cuisine, accompanied by a selection of fine French wines. Currently, Peddler Bistro is open Wednesday evening for small plates and wine tasting and also for brunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Peddler Creperie (open now!) offers both sweet and savory crepes, alongside a general store, specializing in French vintage items.
- Salt, Fire & Time Broth Bar originated in Portland, Oregon as the country’s first dedicated bone broth café. The team has been making bone broth since 2009 with the highest nutrition in mind, preparing it in small batches for 72 hours from bones sourced directly from farmers in the Pacific Northwest.
- Sofie’s Scoops is an Olympia-based company producing “small batch from scratch” gelato.
Stay tuned for detail on opening festivities and happenings while following along at www.222market.com