Tis the season to plan a snowy winter adventure, and a short drive across the mountains, Cascade Valley Wine Country enjoys four distinct seasons. This means from December to February, guests will often find plenty of that slippery white stuff. Sledding, skiing, sleigh rides and snowman creation requires a cozy lodge for post-adventure retreat. A variety of my favorite options for drinking, sleeping and exploring include:
- Leavenworth’s Silvara Vineyards sits on a five-acre estate boasting a magnificent tasting room with towering scissor-truss roof frame, broad windows, and stone fireplaces that warm the front great-room.
- Just outside of Leavenworth, Icicle Ridge Winery hosts sip and snowshoe vineyard adventures in January, complete with guided tour, snowshoes, spiced wine on the trail & log home fireside dinner.
- In Wenatchee, Chateau Faire Le Pont Winery serves up live jazz music, belly-warming, locally sourced comfort food and award-winning, big reds among leather couches, rustic décor and a cozy fireplace.
- Situated conveniently among countless wineries and tasting rooms, Lake Chelan Lookout is a new lakeside community with a variety of rental homes. Most offer fireplaces and all provide the well-appointed comforts of home in addition to a community area with fire pit, hot tub and more.
- Park the car for the weekend and enjoy gourmet cuisine, lodge-inspired accommodations and all the winter fun one could imagine with a stay at Mountain Home Lodge in Leavenworth.